Re: recipes anyone?

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Bob McConnell wrote:
> > like a web based front end,
> > exclusion of specific ingredients due to allergies and being able to
> > attach dated notes about alterations or substitutions I try each time
>
> That sounds wicked.
> One of my brothers is allergic to corn.
> Being able to flag ingredients that contain corn (usually ingredients
> that contain corn syrup) would also be great.
>
> Fortunately nothing too drastic happens when he gets corn, he gets a
> rash and a bad attitude - but it still manages to slip its way into a
> lot of things you wouldn't think contain corn.
>
> I think it may be corn syrup itself and not corn that he is allergic
> to, I don't remember.

Oh my god, you have just treaded into one horrible hornet's nest... corn
is probably the worst thing imaginable when it come to the food chain,
nutrition, ecology, global warmiing, allergies, "green" fuel, etc. etc.
not to mention that we as "human beings" are practically being turned
into corn ourselves.
Maybe your brother already knows about some of this, but it would be
worth it for you to pursue the subject and you would be horrifies what
corn is doing to our bodies and our planet. That is truly Montezuma's
Revenge. If you want to know where to look, I'll check it out from my
reading... I don't have that on me at the moment. ;-)

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."