Re: not a shopping cart

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
> PJ wrote:
>
>> I was afraid I would get this kind of reaction, but it is not what I
>> want or need.
>> As I mentioned, all these shopping carts are overbloated for the kind of
>> application I am creating.
>> I do not need all the heavy baggage that come with them. I have looked
>> at them, played with them some years back even and never liked them.
>> What I am looking for is something simple that can be used on one page
>> and that, at the most will give me a final page summarizing the choices
>> that have been made in several other pages and then totaling and sending
>> the results to the client. No shopping cart, no frills, no chills, just
>> a confirmation of the order.
>> Let's not forget that a b2b client has no time for all the pretty lace
>> and candy wrap. He/She makes a quick choice, clicks on
>> submit/do-it/or/confirm button and goes back to whipping his crew (in
>> the kitchen, I suppose). I rather suspect that I will have to drum this
>> little thing up by myself.
>> To explain the procedure for client:
>> 1. Click on navigation choice among categories
>> 2. Pages loaded from db (may be several for each category)
>> 3. Select quantity from input boxes (box is either empty or has number
>> entered - this is stored somewhere)
>> 4. Do the same for other pages...
>> 5. When finished, click the finish/submit or whatever button. Go back to
>> work.
>> 6. Back-end tallies the selections adds them enters choices in db and
>> send confirmation to client and to company to  fill order.
>> 7. Post-back-end is up to the company to fill and deliver. Payment is
>> taken care of by company processing credit card and then delivering goodies.
>> That's about as simple as it can get. No shipping complications, no
>> credit complications. Just click and go.
>> All the unnecessary overhead is eliminated by first time registration
>> and credit check with confirmed username and password. Otherwise, baby,
>> you don't get nothing from this site. Public access and frills are not
>> on the product pages unless we ever go that way in the future.
>> Believe me, it works... we've done it before and were years ahead of
>> everybody...until 9/11... blew us off because they blew away some of our
>> clients and their clients as we... and then we had someone fresh meat
>> nerds coding and they rather stumbled over their own heels in the
>> programming, but that's another story.
>>
>> Thanks, anyway.
>>
>> Bastien Koert wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM, PJ <af.gourmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> <mailto:af.gourmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     I am setting up a b2b product site where food professionals can order
>>>     unique regional products. For this I have to implement a simple series
>>>     of pages that display the products and prices. Using php/mysql/css I
>>>     load the products, prices etc. with ease.
>>>     I have no use for any shopping carts as that is always encumbered by
> [...]
That's what I had in mind. I have to figure out some of the stuff, just
how it works and how to make it work. And I will look at your
suggestion. Much appreciated.
 BTW, I just posted a rather verbose listing about what I am thinking,
you might want to look at it.

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."