Re: PHP scalability problem

tRace DOliveira wrote:

> What I am trying to achieve is to have the server do less processing.
> Like I said PHP is a server side scripting language and each time a
> request is made a process is spawned and processes are heavy weight as
> compared to a thread which is a light weight process.

On Linux, processes and threads have the same "weight".

> So I want to take away much processing away from the server and have
> the client do it instead. Because if many requests are made the server
> will eventually go down because it will over the server.

Get more servers. (or a bigger server).

> I am not trying to
> get away from PHP but I am trying to solve the problem of scalability

As long as you can add hardware and gain more throughpout, your solution
scales.  If you add more hardware without any significant increases in
throughput, you've got a scalability problem.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.8°C)