RE: templating engine options

Finally somebody mentioned XSL Transformations. Time is relative because as you need time to learn an API to produce quickly only after a while, thanks to knowledge and confidence, XSL is the same with the advantage that you transform a data structure, rather than work over raw programming language ( portability and re-usability )

I wrote a post in my blog about this long thread, hope you'll get some point:
http://webreflection.blogspot.com/2009/05/template-engine-why-bother-xml-xslt.html

Best Regards