Re: urgent CSS question

On 22/5/09 20:31, PJ wrote:
They may have different names, but does that change their functionality?

Potentially, yes!

A selector including #frame will no longer match if "id" is changed to "frame1", and vice versa.

They are identical except for the "1" in the title of the id. So, if I
change the one id to the other in the same code, I don't understand why
the formatting would change?

These descriptions are still far too vague and ambiguous. Please link to two test cases:

1) Effectively showing "frame1".

2) Effectively showing "frame".

that illustrate the problem you're talking about.

Obviously, the parents and the children
have not changed unless there's some weird hanky-panky going on.

Without seeing test cases, nothing is obvious.

> Or do I have to make a new css file for every page

Only if you're doing it wrong. :)

And to follow the logic here, if I create a different id and in the
end it turns out to be identical to the original "frame" except for the
name, shouldn't it function the same.

That depends on:

1) The contents of your CSS file, which I can't see.
2) Whether you've made any errors when modifying your HTML, which I can't see either.

If you provided test cases, I could see these things and answer your questions.

Trying to describe the problem rather than /showing/ the problem is very inefficient.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis