Re: CSS & tables

On 15/05/2009 19.25, PJ wrote:
I know of no better place to ask. This may not be strictly a PHP issue,
but...
I am busting my hump trying to format rather large input pages with CSS
and trying to avoid tables; but it looks to me like I am wasting my time
as positioning with CSS seems an impossibly tortuous exercise. I've
managed to do some pages with CSS, but I feel like I am shooting myself
in the foot or somewhere...
Perhaps I am too demanding. I know that with tables, the formatting is
ridiculously fast.
Any thoughts, observations or recommendations?

A table, meaning ONE table for tough layouts could solve many problems, specially for newbies, but tbh there are enough resources to do pretty much whatever you need to do with css if the layout doesn't have absurd constraints.

Most of the IE bugs are due to floating and clearing, once you have learned to master overflow: auto and display: inline, you're good to go.

Just don't get insane about trying to achieve pixel perfect in netscape4.