RE: Watermarking of images

At 3:48 PM -0400 5/12/09, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 09:54 -0400, tedd wrote:
 At 12:27 PM -0700 5/11/09, Daevid Vincent wrote:
 >  > > Here's an example with code:
 >>  >
 >  > > http://webbytedd.com/b/watermark/
 >>
 >>  I can't read the text over the dog's nose... ;)
 >
 >You're lucky. I don't see ANYTHING (as mentioned weeks ago already)...
 >
 >XP. FF 3.0.10 and IE 6.
 >
 >BOTH do not work.
 >
 >FF console says "startup is not defined" and "unknown property 'zoom'.
 >declaration dropped."

 Daevid:

 Interesting, try again:

 http://webbytedd.com/b/watermark/

 It works for me in IE6 and IE7 as well as FF on both XP and Vista.

 All I did was to remove the references to empty js and css files.

I think you missed the point of my comment about the black text over the
dog's black nose. The whole thrust of this thread was to determine how
to get the black outline around the text. The OP already had text on an
image and I showed how to get an outline so that regardless of the image
content the watermark would always be readable.

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

I didn't miss it, I just didn't address that part of the post. Please note -- the OP originally asked:

[1] --- quote
That site is also coded in php so I'm guessing that the watermark is added using a php technology.

Can someone enlighten me on how that is done?
-- unquote

And:

[2] --- quote
Also, while not php related, could someone enlighten me of a really good font to use for watermarking images?
-- unquote

While your post dealt with [2] mine was addressing [1]. Understand?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------