Re: Unable to send mail from PHP to AT&T e-mail address

scubak1w1 wrote:
"Edward Diener" <eldml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D9.64.21597.C829EE94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris wrote:
kranthi wrote:
of u are sure that the mail was not received as spam...

check the log files of the mail server on the server to be sure that
the mail actually reached the mail server from the http server
Somehow I doubt AT&T gives out that sort of access ;)
Exactly.

The idea is right if you have access to both servers though.
As you suggested, I can check my own server but I doubt I can get access to AT&T's incoming mail server.

AT&T is potentially using one of the BLs such as SCBLs...

Try going to, say, http://www.senderbase.org/, enter the IP and then on the listings page try the DNS-based blocklists [Show/Hide all] links

I pinged the domain part of the 'from' email for the sending server and got back an IP address. I entered that IP address at http://www.senderbase.org/ and received a 'Neutral' reputation score with 'no information' found from whois and 'unknown' found for information about the network.

I am not sure what final IP address the mail server is using to send out e-mail but 7 addresses starting with the first 3 parts of the IP were listed as addresses and all showed 0 DNSBL listings and 'Neutral' SBRS. Needless to say no spam is being sent from the mail addresses, since it is used by the server as part of a legitimate client-server program.

Also bl.spamcop.net shows nothing for the IP address.