Re: Re: checkboxes

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 07:17 +0530, kranthi wrote:
>> yeh an onclick event handler is required to achieve this. but as Shawn
>> has suggested radio buttons are better in this case.
>>
>> but then again if u want to disable/greyout the other input(like
>> textboxes, other than the radio button itself) u'll hav to use onclick
>> event handler for the radio buttons
>>
> Not necessarily, you could use CSS to change the background colour:
>
> input[checked=checked]
> {
> set styles here
> }
I see that Shawn's suggested radio buttons will do just fine. I hadn't
thought about that. Dummy me.
But the real problem I have is to pass a form input value to a variable.
For example:
<input type="text" name="titleIN" size="52" />
<input type="radio" name="choice" value="$titleIN" />
How can I pass the "text" input to a variable that could be used by the
"radio" button?
The idea is to have several inputs for a search page with the inputs
limited by the radio button to one choice of several inputs. If I can
get the input to a variable, I can then manipulate it to do a query for
the search. :-\
Hope this is understandable?

--
unheralded genius: "A clean desk is the sign of a dull mind. "