Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Is it true that short_open_tag is deprecated in PHP 6?

[moving to general list as per Mikko's request]

short_open_tag is not deprecated.

What if you want to use <? foreach ($x as $y): ?> in your template?
There is no point removing <? and not <?= at the same time, since a
large portion of code would be broken anyway (and NO, I am *not*
suggesting removing either!).

Use <% if you want a short tag.

To those who keep b*tching about this topic being brought up again,
please read Philip's post on the internals list -- the horse is far from
dead.

Glen.