RE: I'm new

Ooops! I forgot the "reply to all" trick ;)

I pointed out illasaron.com because it's Spanish and there's a Spanish community
around. I thought Roly is a Spanish speaker, because "salu2" is a short for
"saludos" (=greetings/regards) and he said he's also learning English.

Illasaron PHP+MySQL course starts from basic HTML all the way up to session
handling, OOP, XML Processing in PHP, building a shopping cart and creating a
small CMS. You can download single "lessons" (there are about 50 I think) or the
whole DVD as an ISO. I have nothing against nettuts.com, It's just that I prefer
facing one challenge at a time rather than three at once (learning English,
installing apache+php+mysql, learning PHP). By the time I started with English
PHP courses I could understand written and oral English already, and by the time
I learnt to install and set up a WAMP or LAMP suite from scratch, I already knew
enough PHP to do more than "hello world".

It's just that he can learn English by reading eBooks and listening to the BBC
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live/www15.asx). He can learn to
manually install and set up a full Apache+PHP+MySQL suite later. One challenge
at a time avoids frustration, that's just my experience and point of view.

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4296 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com