Re: thread question

Ashley Sheridan skrev:
On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 19:41 +0800, Virgilio Quilario wrote:
Hi all,

Another question:

If a script starts to perform an operation and the user browses away will
that terminate the thread perfoming the operation eg. the operation is
aborted ?

Mvh
Toke
the script is aborted as soon as server gets no response from the
browser when it sent output to the browser.

virgil
http://www.jampmark.com
Hi virgil,

would that also apply to a script executed from the first script :

example:

if (do_stuff_which_takes_a_long_time){
 exec('php /path_toscript/script.phpsh');
}

would script.phpsh also be aborted if the connection is broken ?

Regards,
Toke
when exec starts running commands, php will wait until it ends.

virgil
http://www.jampmark.com

Unless you ask exec to run in the background...

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Hi Ash & vigil,

Thanks, I've found my solution to this problem then.
adding the function to an external script, and run it through exec.

Regards,
Toke