Re: Frameworks Which Have A "Bake" Function?

"Nitsan Bin-Nun" <nitsan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have been using cakephp for a while as a development framework.
>
> I'm also thinking for a while to use another framework and leave cakephp
> alone (too much babbling.. it takes too much time until you get to the
> code
> itself..), now I have decided to move on and here comes my question.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on frameworks which have something similar to
> the cakephp's "bake" function? (you create your database tables structure,
> run bake.php from ssh and kaboom! you have model/view/controller for each
> of
> the tables: insert, delete, modify, list data).
>
> I know it is possibile in ROR but never heard of any other framework or
> development library or anything like that in php except cakephp that gives
> you this functionallity.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Nitsan

All this is possible with the Radicore framework, but it is more
sophisticated. It requires the following steps:
(1) Import your database table structures into the Data Dictionary (see
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/data-dictionary.html and
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/menuguide/appendixn.html)
(2) Export each database table to produce the class file for that table.
(3) Generate a task by choosing a database table and a Transaction Pattern
(see http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/dialog-types.html). The list of
transaction patterns which are available is more extensive than the basic
list, search, create, read, update and delete.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net