Re: Web Development/Application Analysis

2009/3/22 OOzy Pal <oozypal@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > At 6:15 PM +0300 3/21/09, OOzy Pal wrote:
> >>
> >> Tedd,
> >>
> >> You wrote a long story about a client hiring a programmer which not
> >> what I am asking.
> >>
> >> Anyhow, thank you for your post. I learned from it.
> >>
> >> I don't want to take it further. This php mailing list.
> >
> > Really -- is that what this is?
> >
> > I thought it was a place where people could ask:
> >
> > -- quote
> > I have just hired a remote PHP programmer. His main job is web
> > development and applications.
> >
> > I have few concerns, I would be happy if someone can point me to the
> > right direction.
> >
> >   1. How can I provide him the requirements. I mean how can I analyze
> > the site and put everything in writing.
> >   2. How can I estimate manhours.
> > -- unquote
> >
> > For which I provided advice and example, which apparently fell on deaf
> ears.
> >
> > As such, I won't waste my time entertaining any other questions from you.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > tedd
> >
> > --
> > -------
> > http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
> >

> Again, I thank you for your post. It was beneficial.
>
> If I may ask you to use the time that you will not use for asnwering
> my questions in reading about relaxation politness.
>
> No matter what type disagreement happend between any two, that does
> not give any one of them the right to insult the other.
>

> --
> OOzy
> Ubuntu (8.10)
>
> --

Oozy,

Lighten up, brother.  I read your original question and I thought "This guy
shoulda started asking these questions before her started hiring people."
Tedd invested time, thought and energy in to giving you a quality response.
I don't have the kind of field experience to give you an answer of that
caliber.  I personally felt that I benefited from reading Tedd's response to
you, so it shouldn't have been too difficult for you to gain from it.

After that, you announced yourself the owner.  It may have escaped your
scrutiny, but the kind people that hang out here trying to assist people
with their PHP challenges are *NOT* here to do your job for you.  That, in
my opinion, is what you asked.  "I've started a business and hired a
programmer.  Now somebody please explain to me how to be his boss, otherwise
it is going to be a difficult week."

Then you deal a really uninventive insult ("my questions in reading about
relaxation politness.") to a guy who has shown vast amounts of patience and
politeness to both, you, and the other's that he has helped -- if you've
been watching.

Then you wrap it up with the decree "No matter what type disagreement
happend between any two, that does not give any one of them the right to
insult the other." which is particularly rubbish following the sentence
where you insulted Tedd.  Also, you will find that people do, in fact, have
the right to insult each other with, or without, disagreement.  This is
something that you'll observe quite readily by hanging out on the PHP list.

So far, imo, everybody has been pretty nice to you.  So why don't you go
spend some times with those books about 'relaxation politness' and stop
pitching what you ain't prepared to catch?