Re: very strange session behavior -- fails on port 80, works on 9090

francisco j sanchez wrote:
> Shawn,
>
> thank you so much for your reply.  I think this definitely has me on
> the right track.  what i need to figure out now is, is it Apache or
> PHP that is switching the domain?  all the code uses relative links
> (as far as i can tell... i didn't build this project, i inherited it,
> so i'm figuring out the code as i go along).  Like I said in my
> original post, I actually have 80 & 9090 pointed to the same dir on
> the filesystem, and the same db.  However, as you so astutely pointed
> out, the 9090 version doesn't switch to SSL, and I'm guessing that has
> to do with our SSL cert?  I'm not sure what part of the code handles
> that switch, but am currently digging through that.
>
> Do you know if there's a way for PHP to set cookies for
> *.mydomain.com?  In other words, have a cookie be valid for all
> subdomains across a domain?  Or, do you have any input on where/who
> might be switching the domain (apache, php, client-side?)?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> --fjs--

The problem is most likely in your Apache config, either virtualhosts or
a rewrite rule.  Look in your httpd.conf or equivalent for the
<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:80> and <VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443> and compare the
ServerName parameters.  Just a guess, but I would assume that it looks
similar to this currently:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:80>
    ServerName  www.examplemotion.com

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443>
    ServerName  examplemotion.com

Which should be the same for both I think.

--
Thanks!
-Shawn