Re: Looking for PHP alternatives to mailman

mike wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Well, for one thing, the latter is usually for commercial purposes,
>> the former isn't.
>
> mailing lists can definately support commercial ventures. i am doing
> this for my company, in fact.

Yes, so am I, but operating the mailing list is not the commercial
purpose in itself.  I.e. it doesn't make any money, whereas the
millions of directional mailers do.

>> If active development is important to you, mailman is currently
>> active.
>
> yeah i know. i might be tempted to try ecartis still as long as it
> supports the proper mail headers and doesn't have any obvious
> exploits.

I don't know it very well, but I am subscribed to a couple of lists that
are run on ecartis.  Seems to work quite well.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-0.3°C)