Re: Silly question - include vs. eval

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 13:20 -0500, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
> Robert Cummings wrote:

> >> Yes, if you use an include inside a function, then any functions / non
> >> global vars in the included file will only be available inside the
> >> including function.
> >
> > This is NOT, I repeat, NOT true for functions. Functions are ALWAYS
> > global.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob.
>
> Yes, I was too hasty.  The nested function will only be defined once the
> nesting function has been called.  Then it will be available globally.

Actually, you're wrong again. The nested function, AKA function defined
in the included source, will be defined as soon as the source is
included and is available to the function in which the source was
included. In fact it is even available to the code within the included
source that can be run during the include process and before the
function performing the inclusion regains control.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com