Re: Script execution

Thanks everybody!

I guess I was a little vague.  I'm working on an OpenSUSE setup with Apache,
MySQL and PHP.  I just knew that my confusion was because of my Windows
up-bringing.

The writing I referred to was to a file.  One example is I had a script that
was pulling data from a database and using it to generate PDF files.  This
would work fine from the command line but _not_ if I pointed a browser at
it.  It wasn't an important difference because that script is a cronjob
anyway.  I just wanted to understand what was going on and how I could
change it -- if I find later that I need to.

Again, that's for the rapid and thorough help!