Re: Backend autodatabase update

There are a lot of ways to tackle that problem but everything coming to mind
involves third-party software.

You can use Sysinternals
PsList<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896682.aspx>(
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896682.aspx) to look for
your process.  If the process is not found then start it.  One approach
would be to create a batch file that uses PsList piped to find (e.g.
'pslist.exe | find "My Process") and start it if not.  The scheduler might
satisfy your needs but I have used VisualCron <http://www.visualcron.com/> (
http://www.visualcron.com/) for complex scheduling.

If you wrote the process that is running then you could make it check for
existing instances of itself and shut down if it is already running.  Then
you could schedule it to start every 30 minutes because it will just close
if the first one is still running.