Re: www.soongy.com

That's the good thing about this, it does not require any hosting
changes. It's just text being sent via POST just like a normal form
submit, the PHP code portion just accepts the data and assembles the
file based off of it.

The Gears stuff is all client side, so it requires no server side stuff.

The Gears stuff is needed for some of the UI components (javascript
doesn't do it alone), the file browse, the slicing of the file
(splitting the file in realtime and send chunks of it) - in theory a
browser could implement this transparently, or in a web browser module
(which Gears is essentially)

Anyway all the tools are there, no server tweaks required, just a
little bit of client-side javascript (which I have samples for) and
PHP (i have samples) and the browser needs Gears (which almost all
platforms/browsers support it)