Re: www.soongy.com

one thing to note is the php-apc upload progress won't scale past one
server as far as i know.

if you have multiple webservers you'll be stuck.

you'd need some sort of ajax thing to actually check how many bytes
the file has written to, for example.

you also need to know how large the file is, which i do not believe is
transmitted normally to PHP, which is why there is this apc,
uploadprogress and other workarounds.

gears is pretty simple, requires no large buffers, POST sizes, memory
limits, etc. it's basically sending chunks of [definable] POST data
(like 512k at a time) which all webservers can handle and assembles it
on the server. works flawlessly even using shared NFS storage on my
three-node web cluster writing from different webservrers...