Re: Opinions needed

At 3:45 PM -0500 2/12/09, Al wrote:
Robert Cummings wrote:
By writing this email you've already spent about as much time as it
would take to set up an SQL database and just start coding.

Cheers,
Rob.

True, but, the website is on a shared host which means someone must setup and maintain the DB and my code has to create and remove tables, as needed. Plus, someone must keep the login parms in sync between the DB and my code.

Al....

Al:

???

Once you have the tables set, which is easier than setting up a file system, there is no maintenance and you don't have to create and remove tables -- why would one do that?

As for login parameters, what's to keep up with? Set a configuration file and it's done.

Sounds like you think it's more trouble than it actually is.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------