Re: PHP OOP

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Carlos Medina <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcus Gnaß schrieb:
>>
>> Paul M Foster wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:02:37AM -0500, tedd wrote:
>>>  As a side note, I think students should learn a language like C before
>>> learning something like Perl, Python or PHP. Having to deal with
>>> defining/declaring variables and their storage methods before use I
>>> think makes for more conscientious programmers. And pointers are an
>>> education all on their own. ;-}
>>>

>> For teaching programming or OOP I would choose a language which
>> concentrates on the topic. The hard stuff, which you have to deal with in C
>> for example, can be learned later. I'm glad that I started programming in
>> Pascal, not in C. If today I had to learn programming as such I would
>> definitively opt for Python! My choice for learning OOP would be Python or
>> even better Java cause you don't have the choice to do it in a procedural
>> way.
>>
>> Marcus
>
> Hi @ all,
> but this is a php list...
>
> Regards
>
> Carlos

Yes, it is, but the original question was about OOP and not
specifically about PHP. It seems fair enough to me for someone to ask
the question on this list since PHP was one of the languages being
considered, even if consensus among the list seems to be that PHP
would not be the best choice for teaching a course on OOP.

Andrew