Re: PHP usage stats

At 2:41 PM +0000 2/9/09, Stuart wrote:
I think people are like that everywhere, particularly above a certain
level of management in my experience. I wish you luck in convincing
them but I've found that PHP rarely wins when put up against the sales
and marketing budgets available to Microsoft and Oracle.

It's going to take a while for the majority of people to stop equating
free with worthless or risky when the truth is that products from
closed corporations carry more risk than open source software. You
should tell them your QuickBasic story - that might start some mental
cogs turning in their heads.

Yes, that's another story.

Cheers,

tedd