Re: PHP usage stats

 > Now maybe you didn't mean it that way, but IMO that appears more demeaning
 of the poster than providing help. I'm surprised, because that's not typical
 of you nor this list.

Indeed. Not really sure what I was thinking when I wrote it and I
apologise for the attitude.

We all have off days, no problem -- thanks for the apology.

On my side of the world, it's amazing how ignorant people are.

I have administrators at the college, where I teach, who think that php is nothing more than a fad and not anything serious. In fact, I talked to their web guy, who is a avid php/mysql developer, and he says that the administration is asking to have php and mysql removed completely from their server. They only want asp and oracle. In the last 6 years they have spent over $22 million on trying get oracle to work and it still hasn't.

That's the reason why I've been looking for php stats.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------