Re: Blank page of hell..what to look for

Is there a certain thing that should be suspected and looked at first when
getting the php blank page of hell....
I have errors on and nothing is being output anywhere to lead me in the
right direction, I have a VariableReveal script (one of you provide and
THANK YOU IT HAS BEEN A LIFESAVER) But it is doing nothing today, yesterday
the page worked today I get the blank page with not a clue in sight....
ARGH...
Terion

First of all check if you are displaying error in your php.ini

display_errors = On

but don't use this in a normal site. You are probably already doing this because you mentioned that errors get displayed.

You may use die to verify the how variables are changing values through the script and see if everything they store is what you want.

die(print $var);
die(print_r($array);
die(var_dump($var));

You use it as you need to track down what is messing your script.

Another way I can think you may use is exceptions especially if you are a PHP5 user. This could be useful:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.exceptions.php

I suspect that you would get a better answer if you were willing to send us some more details in what you are trying to do.

--
Thodoris