Re: Weird url passing what does it mean, am I hacked?

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 11:01 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Ashley Sheridan
> <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 10:10 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
>         > I noticed yesterday that sometimes I was seeing a strange
>         url passing at the
>         > bottom of the browser when clicking around my site I'm
>         working on while
>         > watching the page loads, its calling to mouserunner.com and
>         I went to the
>         > site and it is a bunch of links, my site is on a private
>         server for a large
>         > media company, clues on what this means and where to look to
>         stop it, what's
>         > it doing scraping my site or something?
>         >
>         > Thanks folks...
>
>         Are you using some of their content on your site? You may not
>         realise
>         it's come from them, it could be some Javascript you've found
>         online and
>         used on your site. It's more than likely just a call-back
>         script to
>         register a 'hit' along with other details.
>
>         As for scraping your sites content, there is no way to prevent
>         this. If
>         your content is viewable for a human, it's viewable for a
>         computer.
>
>         Would you mind posting a link so we can see what you're
>         seeing?
>

>         Ash
>         www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>
> Hi Ash!
> My site isn't an outside app, it's an in house work order app hosted
> on our corporate servers, I was working on it yesterday and caught a
> glimpse in the bottom of the browser where you can see page loads , I
> kept seeing a www.mouserunner.com in there and was wondering what the
> hell...I googled and visited the site and found no other post anywhere
> complaining about this site or if it was a hacker/phishing site...
Copying the list back in on this.

You still haven't mentioned if you were using any scripts you sourced
from elsewhere? Have you performed a search on the server in question
for any files containing a link to that website?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk