Re: Weird url passing what does it mean, am I hacked?

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 10:10 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
> I noticed yesterday that sometimes I was seeing a strange url passing at the
> bottom of the browser when clicking around my site I'm working on while
> watching the page loads, its calling to mouserunner.com and I went to the
> site and it is a bunch of links, my site is on a private server for a large
> media company, clues on what this means and where to look to stop it, what's
> it doing scraping my site or something?
>
> Thanks folks...
Are you using some of their content on your site? You may not realise
it's come from them, it could be some Javascript you've found online and
used on your site. It's more than likely just a call-back script to
register a 'hit' along with other details.

As for scraping your sites content, there is no way to prevent this. If
your content is viewable for a human, it's viewable for a computer.

Would you mind posting a link so we can see what you're seeing?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk