Re: About printing functions

On Jan 21, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Thodoris wrote:

Hi gang,
Lets say that you have a function that prints something to the output simply like this:

function print_str() {
   print "blah blah blah";
}

I was wondering if there is a way to use this output and store it in a var or something without changing the function itself?
And store the "blah blah blah" somewhere for later use?

I can think of many reasons that someone could use this.

I know you said without changing the function... but is there any reason that you can't simply add this:

<?PHP
function print_str() {
	$str = "blah blah blah";
	print $str;
}
?>

Totally untested and just trying to understand why :)

--
Jason Pruim
japruim@xxxxxxxxxx