Re: Client/Server Printing

Ideally you want the document to print with the least amount of click or without having to open up 3rd party applications, would it be possible for the server to print to documents, I have done something like this before on a windows machine.

Clive

Paul M Foster wrote:
I'd like a side check on what I'm doing to print on our internal
network.

We have an internal server/site which uses PHP code I've written to
"run" the business-- invoicing, A/P, inventory, etc. Some things, like
invoices and reports, need to be printed. Now remember, the code is on
the server, and we access it from our client machines on our desks. When
we print, we do so to our local printers, attached to the client
machines.

So the best way I could think of to making printing work was to generate
PDFs of whatever needs to be printed, dump the PDF on the server, and
provide a link to the PDF on the web page. The user clicks on the
generated PDF, and his/her browser opens up Acrobat or xpdf, and prints
from that application to their local machine.

Is that a reasonable way to implement this? Any better ideas?

Paul