Re: Zend Framework...where to start? -- don't.

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 15:47 -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 14:28 -0800, Kyle Terry wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I'm using Safari. :D
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > His website made firefox crash! >=[!
> >

> Um. I am using FF on Ubuntu right now at work, and it works just fine. I
> develop at home on XP and IE6 and IE7 and it also works. I guarantee you
> that crash was not related to my site.
>
> All of you are spending way too much time on something that is besides
> the point. My personal site has NOTHING to do with
> Symfony/Zend/Cake/etc. frameworks per se. The reason you can't load it
> in safari is a Javascript check and not PHP -- again off topic from this
> conversation. It doesn't degrade nicely b/c I never bothered to
> implement the other part of the Winlike "kit" which will degrade (as you
> can see on their site http://www.winlike.net as I honestly don't really
> care about Safari users (like 7% of the market) to be honest.

I'm not using Safari, I'm using Opera. That brings it up to about 9%
*heheh*.

Cheers,
Rob.

> It's my
> own personal site and if a Mac person can't use FF to view it, it's not
> sweat off either of our backs.)
> http://www.macobserver.com/article/2008/07/01.9.shtml
>
> Can we please get back on topic? If you really want to see my
> credentials, then go here: http://resume.daevid.com or go to my personal
> site in Firefox or IE.

A resume is a polished document specifically meant to extoll your
virtues. Your personal website appears to be an example of your work
ethic without attempting to extoll your virtues. You are the sum of your
parts, each contributes to the body of knowledge about you.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com