Re: Another beginner question

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Gary <gwpaul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have successfully set up the testing server, now I would like to test it
> out on the remote server, but "put" does not seem to be working. I saved
> the
> php document, click put, nothing seems to happen.  I am connected to the
> remote server, but when I put, nothing happens.
>
> The file is in the local root file, the local and remote information has
> not
> changed.
>
> I do get this error "The sites testing and remote servers are different.
> This scenario is not supported by the Site Wizard", when switching from
> basic to advanced tabs in site manager.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thank you
>
> Gary

This sounds like a Dreamweaver question, not a PHP question...

If you go to Site -> Edit Sites

Under Local Info you input the information for the server you develop your
application on

Under Remote Info you input the information for the server you would like to
"Put" files on

Under Testing Info you input the information for the server you would like
to use to "View" your pages.

Your Remote and Testing servers should ideally be the same.