Another beginner question

I have successfully set up the testing server, now I would like to test it
out on the remote server, but "put" does not seem to be working. I saved the
php document, click put, nothing seems to happen.  I am connected to the
remote server, but when I put, nothing happens.

The file is in the local root file, the local and remote information has not
changed.

I do get this error "The sites testing and remote servers are different.
This scenario is not supported by the Site Wizard", when switching from
basic to advanced tabs in site manager.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Gary