Re: Apache File Quesiton

Gary wrote:
Ok, I believe I have it working....meaning when I click on Live Data View, I see the date appear in my datetest.php page

But Im still confused...

The succesful configuration (providing I am not suffering from premature exhuberation) is

Testing server folder: c:\xampp\htdocs\barrister (the local settings remained My Documents\Sites\barrister)
URL prefix : http://localhost/barrister/

How does that reconcile that in the httpd.conf, the server root is C:/xampp/apache?

That's server root; what you want is DocumentRoot :)

here's a bit of an httpd.conf; these are the two bits of concern to you:

#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/apache/htdocs"

---AND---

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "G:/Apache/httpd/htdocs">
#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
#AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
AllowOverride All

#
#.
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

---

if you read the comments aswell all should be explained :)