Re: Couple of beginner questions

> "so would I be correct that the only advantage to
> having a page with a php extension is that you can use a testing server?"

There are FAR more benefits!

1) PHP is FREE!  So you save money from the get go
2) PHP is open source!  So it is constantly being updated and improved by
users/devs.
3) PHP is processed on the SERVER.  This frees up CPU usage on the user's
workstation.
4)PHP can retieve data from a centralized database which makes dynamic
content easier to use.
5) Since PHP is server side, you are not reliant on the end users to have
specialized plugins/software to view your pages.
6) PHP is easy. IMO one of the easier languages ot learn.
7) PHP has a great community. (See peopel on this list)

And many many more reasons you will learn as you go! :)