Re: Re: hello

Nathan Rixham wrote:
if it's a computer thats on, with an os, a keyboard and a network card connected to the internet it's insecure.

Well of course. That's like saying if it's alive it's dying.

But the question was are *nix systems more secure than Windows, and I think even Daniel agrees that "out of the box" installs *nix systems are inherently more secure because of the way they handle users and permissions to executables.

Daniel seemed, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that more vulnerabilities are introduced via the human factor until any system can be rendered at risk.

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
503 S Baldwin Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703