Re: IE Problem Detecting Post Variables

At 5:35 PM -0600 1/3/09, Micah Gersten wrote:
Ashley Sheridan wrote:

 > Lets all march forward and renounce IE as a useful piece of software!

 Ash
 www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Agreed.  According to the spec, the FF action is correct.  I just heard
IE's user share dropped below 70%.  One day we will hopefully be able to
say goodbye to it.

It's been discussed before on this list, but the "shares" of browsers depend upon what's being visited.

For example, I have one site that's been up for over two years; has a traffic rate of over 3000 unique visitors per month; and the amount of IE visitors (all IE's) fall well below 0.01%.

If you have a Mac running Safari, just type in option v into the url and hit return. However, the windozes world can't do that -- so it make a great filter to keep windozes out -- it's a Mac Only Site.

The more "normal" stats (the ones I like) are shown by W3Schools:

As you can see, IE6 is dropping at about 0.02% per month. This time next year, it will probably drop below 10%. I suspect that those users are locked into a system such that their employers are afraid to upgrade for fear of the typical problems that accompany such undertaking.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------