RE: Thank you everyone, What a wonderful world

First off, I don't think this is the place to get involved into a political discussion. No matter how much blood is spread, or who's the devil, this is all about politics, and power, and we are not politicians but programmers. This is a Zend Framework mailing list, not a human rights forum or an office of the UN. So, yes, what you are saying is SPAM and PROPAGANDA, since it was unsolicited and has arrived to the wrong place. If you want us to support your cause, it is not the place to ask for it. Nobody is going to add a banner to his website saying "Long live Hamas" just because you post a message in the Zend Framework list, on the contrary, you'll generate just the opposite feeling.

Second, if peace and human rights are bullshit for you, I don't know what you are asking for: WAR and HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION? Peace and human rights are not bullshit just because a bullshitter speaks about them. It is precisely that kind of speech ("Mr X is a bullshitter, Mr X speaks about peace, ergo, peace is bullshit") which leads to more war, more harm and more bullshitters talking about peace and human rights. About democracy and freedom, that is precisely why you can post a message like this without being tortured and killed (you are not even being sent off this list). Try that in Iran or Cuba (if you can get an internet connection there). You don't need to believe in democracy and freedom, go and praise dictators and build a prison in your country for the ones who don't agree with you, but don't come to me saying that it's democracy's fault or freedom's fault that children are being killed... it is a bit more complex than that, and without democracy and freedom, there would be hundreds of thousands instead of just hundreds dead.

Thanks to democracy and freedom I can say that "Bush is an idiot son of a bitch", write it on a billboard, make a t-shirt with that slogan and say it to his face if I ever see him nearby. That won't solve world hunger, but at least I can complain and do something without being killed. I can say the same about my president, I'm not an American citizen, I don't live in the US, but my country has a democracy, a very corrupt democracy, and I prefer that to the dictatorship we had twenty five years ago. Some principles, such as freedom, are not tradable.

Third, you are confusing Palestinians with Hamas, not every Palestinian is a Hamas member. And NO, we are NOT RESPONSIBLE for this event, Hamas and the Israel government are, NOT US. Hamas decided to end the truce and start launching rockets and the Israel government decided to bombard them, that's how history is written. And it has nothing to do with the average Palestinian or Israeli citizen. I didn't decide to invade Falkland in 1982, the dictatorship we had took that decision, and thousands of young Argentine soldiers died because of a wimp. And yes, I believe Falkland is Argentine, but I will never support a military invasion to the islands just because of that belief.

And fourth, I've not seen the same protests worldwide every time a terrorist attack kills hundreds of people... I didn't see the left wing parties of my country complaining on September 11th when 3000 people died, they were actually drinking to celebrate, the same happened when a car bomb destroyed Israeli embassy in my country (detonated by Iranian terrorists)... How come now they are protesting at the same Israeli embassy? What kind of coherence is that? Are they supporting peace or just violence when it occurs from one side alone? Now, THAT IS BULLSHIT and I'm tired of it.

Regards,

Rob