Re: Re: Webhotel structure

""Dotan Cohen"" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:880dece00812301337m1cca395cxcb1ef500d8c1060b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2008/12/30 Nordstjernealle 10 <nordstjernealle10@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Dotan

I am glad I can at least be funny.
I must admit I am a bit lazy when it comes to write perfect english in
mails. I believe we can do better with our time.
In this particulary case the result was below acceptable levels.

English is not my native language either, by the way.

No I would not laugh if you where writing in Bokmal or Nynorsk.
Because I would not know the first think about spelling in the Norwedian
languages. I am Danish, we speak and write in Danish.

I apologize! I know little of Scandinavian culture (the letters in
your last name were a hint to Scandinavian) and your email address
just looked Norwegian to me.

Yes it is a linux server, and I know the basic linux commands, but I do not
know if and how I can get SSH access to my web host.

If you can't, then switch hosts. SSH access is a necessity.

It may not be supported or be too basic to be include in the help search at
surftown, I simply do not know.
My web do not have a fixed IP, so I guess it may not

No fixed IP for your web host?!? Change!

It seems like surftown is an okay host, compared to my less than 2$ a month,
but their help is a major candidate for winning the price of the most
useless help ever.

A google search found a blog where the guy say they do not support ssh on
pivate hosting, so I guess not.

/Peter

--
Dotan Cohen

Hi again

Sorry for cutting your name card short Dotan, but I get tired reading the entire alfabet every time.

Yes ssh and fixed IP is properly a must for you guys who having php programming as a hobby, but I only want a webside up and running. The only other thing I would like would be a 100Gbyte remote backup. Here I only got 10Gbyte. The price of getting these this is rather high compared to my 2$ a month, another detail is, that I payed 5 years in advance to get this price, so that would all be lost. In total I payed 100$ for 5 years including webhosting and the domain name registration onbe year ago.
Now I finally get some value for the money.
Today the price for the same has doubled.
I do not mind spending another 100$ if you can do better, but I will not spend 5 or 10$ a month for this.

As php programming is not a hobby I properly will be away from this list for a long time, have fun everyone, before you know you have become too old for that.

My retirement will also restore the average age of this list back to normal.

Best regards

Granpa
Peter

nb I can not show you my web, as login is restricted to familie only, but I guess you all know how coppermine look. but you are welcome to look at my work homepage www.protelevision.com where I am a HW engineer.