Re: Re: Webhotel structure

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 16:37, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/12/30 Nordstjernealle 10 <nordstjernealle10@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi Dotan
>>
>> I am glad I can at least be funny.
>> I must admit I am a bit lazy when it comes to write perfect english in
>> mails. I believe we can do better with our time.
>> In this particulary case the result was below acceptable levels.
>>

> English is not my native language either, by the way.

    Fear not.... there are many, many days where I feel it's not my
first either.  I'm just waiting for the day when nonsensical gibberish
spoken only to oneself is recognized as an official language.  ;-P

>> Yes it is a linux server, and I know the basic linux commands, but I do not
>> know if and how I can get SSH access to my web host.
>
> If you can't, then switch hosts. SSH access is a necessity.

    I agree, but many shared hosts will not allow SSH access due to
security concerns.

> No fixed IP for your web host?!? Change!

    Once again, shared hosting, not usually a given....

>> It seems like surftown is an okay host, compared to my less than 2$ a month,

    .... especially for this price.

    On a side note, Nord, we're a bunch of goofballs here, for the
most part.  No one means any harm, so feel free to poke fun back
(except at me, because I am perfect).

    And, by the way, welcome to the community!

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx