Re: Using MDB2 outside the PEAR framework?

Hi John,

Well, this is the thing -- I suspect there are dependencies, particularly on
the core PEAR files themselves. I'm just wondering if someone else has done
this and if it's too difficult to make the effort worthwhile.

The Wordpress project, for example, I think rebuilt an abstraction layer in
the application. Since it uses a similar (or exact?) syntax as MDB2, I'd
always assumed they basically ported the MDB2 engine into the application,
rather than relying on PEAR and MDB2 as external dependencies.

Obviously there are good reasons for maintaining the PEAR libraries, since
these can be (relatively) easily updated to latest releases, but I for one
have previously helped out people who were hosted on sites that didn't allow
users to maintain PEAR libraries, and I'd like to remove that sort of
'compatibility' issue for my own project.

Thanks for your reply!

M is for Murray