Re: Credit Card processing: Chase PaymenTech

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Chris <dmagick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> phphelp -- kbk wrote:
>
>> Hello - - ---  -- - --
>>
>> I need to develop Credit Card processing for my current application. We
>> have our own shopping cart. We have been trying in vain to get technical
>> information from PaymenTech for *months* -- but it seems that Chase sold
>> part of it, or split it off into a separate company -- or something. in any
>> case, they seem extremely distracted and unresponsive.
>>
>> By doing some heavy googling, I was able to find some code from a PHP
>> developer's web site, mostly for the format of the xml strings to pass to
>> them.
>>
>> I can't believe that they don't have a processing object for PHP already
>> available, but it seems not. I see in the archives a couple of requests to
>> the group for code, but the most recent was a couple of years old. So, I'll
>> ask again:
>>
>> Anybody have modules, code, tips, land mines, or any other information for
>> doing credit card processing with PaymenTech that you would be willing to
>> share?
>>

> I don't have anything for you but if they're that bad with responses can
> you switch to another payment provider? Might save you a lot of headaches,
> especially if something goes wrong (or they change something).
>
> --
> Postgresql & php tutorials
> http://www.designmagick.com/ <http://www.php.net/unsub.php>

We have experience with two: Beanstream (also known as Online Mart) which is
a branch fo toronto-Dominion Bank. Their system is cURL based. fabulously
reliable, and we would have used it for our own company except that it
supports only CAN and USD.

The second is WorldPay, a subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland. Supports
a raft of credit cards and just about any currency you care for. Downside?
Your customers are taken to a WorldPay site - which you can sort of decorate
like your own - and then are sent back to your site. They also rely on
*timing* for completion of transactions. Sort of lousy.

Nevertheless, we will see.

General reflection? All these companies seem to want your business, but then
are hellaciously slow in providing basic information, responding to
questions, etc.

Good luck - you will need it in some measure.

Cheers - Miles