Re: pear Mail/Mime problem on new Ubuntu Linux server

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:57 AM, German Geek <geek.de@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone think of a reason why when changing from a Windows 2003 Web
> Edition server running PHP 5.2 to a Ubuntu machine, also with PHP 5.2 can
> cause the following problem:
>
> The emails sent from the server, which should be in HTML format (the client
> wanted this specifically) now only show the plain text email, but only in
> Outlook XP or 2003. The Outlook 2007 on my work machine receives it fine,
> also my gmail account. Unfortunately, the client uses the Outlook version
> with the problem.
>
> Might it be the Unix newline characters?
>
> My first suspicion was to blame M$ for letting Outlook check the headers for
> example.com, postfix or Linux, but that might be a bit exajurated paranoia.
> lol
>
> Thanks for even reading this, even more for replying. :)
>
> Tim

I just had this problem.  Try normalizing the line returns of your
email before sending it.  I was building mine from multiple sources
(db, files, etc) and some had unix line returns, mac line returns, and
windows.  Normalizing them into a consistent format fixed it.