Re: how do i allow more than 2 threads of php to run?

Rene Veerman schreef:
> i'm getting freezes for the 3rd to Nth concurrent request on my
> homeserver (got root, on debian4 + apache2).
> how can i allow more threads? like 50 or so?

probably need to fix the apache.conf to allow more concurrent child processes.

also note I said 'processes' - php is not totally threadsafe (due to
unknowns in various extensions) and generally run under apache using the
[apache] pre-fork worker module.

it's apache that decides how many concurrent httpd processes are allowed to
run, php merely runs as a part of each httpd process in the form of
an apache module.

you could be running php as CGI or FastCGI SAPI, which is different to using the
apache module SAPI, but for the purposes on the above the same story goes.

and if it's not an apache config issue then I guess your looking at some
kind of OS limitation ... no idea about that I'm afraid.