Re: Include directive..

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:47 AM, dele454 <dele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am modifying the apache config file on my domain to include the path to
> the Zend Framework on a specified location outside the public folder.
>
> So in my http.conf file i simply include the path to where the includes
> file
> is to customise the virtual host:
>
> [CODE]
>
> # To customize this VirtualHost use an include file at the following
> location
>     Include
> "/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/domains/mydomain.co.za/me.conf"
> [/CODE]
>
> And then me.conf looks like this:
> [CODE]
> Include "/home/domain/apps"
> Include "/home/domain/apps/models"
> Include "/home/domain/apps/lib"
> [/CODE]
>
> But then i get this error:
>
> [CODE]
> Failed to generate a syntactically correct Apache configuration.
> Bad configuration file located at
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf.1228614930
> Error:
> Configuration problem detected on line 277 of file
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf.1228614930:        : Syntax error on line
> 1 of /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/domain/mydomain.co.za/me.conf:
> Syntax error on line 1 of /home/domain/apps/Bootstrap.php:
> /home/maineven/apps/Bootstrap.php:1: <?php> was not closed.[/CODE]

You get this error because you are trying to include a php file in the
apache configuration. Apache config files have tags, such as <Directory> and
<?php looks like it's opening an Apache directive but not closing it with
<?php> ... </?php>

If you want to include php scripts in your php file, you should do that
there, e.g. in incfiles.php:
<?php
require_once('file1.php');
require_once('file2.php');

Or if you want to include a whole directory, read it with readdir (would
have to look up the function name etc) and iterate over it.

If you have classes you can also use the feature that i really like, called
class autoloading ( http://nz2.php.net/autoload ).