Re: Will not report errors what can I do

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 15:07 -0800, Jim Lucas wrote:
> > Terion Miller wrote:
> > > Hey everyone I am still fighting the same problem that my script isn't
> > > working and its not reporting errors, when you click to "view" the work
> > > order it doesn't do anything, I have all kinds of error reporting
> turned on
> > > but nothing, do I have them syntax wrong?
> > >
> > > <?php
> > > include("inc/dbconn_open.php");
> > > error_reporting(E_ALL);
> > >  ini_set('display_errors', '1');
> >
> > This is boolean, it should be ini_set('display_errors', 1);
>
> Isn't 1 an integer and true a boolean? ;)
>
> Anyways, what I noticed is that error reporting is enabled after an
> include. Maybe the system is failing during the include.

1 and true can usually be used interchangeably in most programming languages
because true is stored as something bigger than (or different to) 0 and
false as 0. But it's clearer for the programmer to use true and false
because it's clearer as what its semantics are. Important for computer
science: "The difference between syntax and semantics"...