Re: issue with php.ini

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 18:44 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 18:32 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> > > Yes, i do it in that way but nothing changed

> > uncomment

> > simple

> > So you've edited the right file, restarted the web server (Apache or
> > IIS) and it's still showing the old configuration. Just a quick
> > question, you're not trying to run PHP on Vista are you, as this has
> > some godawful behaviour on files it deems as system files, and it's an
> > absolute pain to actually try and edit them, even from an admin account!
> >
> > If you are still having troubles and it's not Vista, have you made sure
> > that the libraries (dll files) you are trying to use actually exist?
> > They will usually be in the php directory, or in a sub-folder called
> > extensions. You might need to add the path to the system path to make
> > sure Windows can find them.
> >

> > Ash
> > www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >

> basically as you can see in my signature i run a windows x64 Sp2 system.
> in fact i've checked and realized that som dll are not installed likeL
> libpq.dll qnd some others.
> to solve my problem i had to download and install :
> NuSphere-phped-5.2-php5.2.6-Win32.exe
>
> several dll (5 or 6) are not installed from official msi package :-(

Well, there is no signature on your emails, and sorry, but Windows Vista
has just had SP2 released for it, so your Windows x64 SP2 could still be
Vista ;)

I'm not sure, but it could be failing over the missing libraries. Have
you tried making a few minor changes to the php.ini just to make sure
they are being recognised at all?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk