Re: issue with php.ini

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 18:32 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> Yes, i do it in that way but nothing changed
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 17:33 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i've reinstalled PHP 5.2.6 on my windows XP x64 and as usual i uncomment
> > the
> > > following lines:
> > > extension=php_mysql.dll
> > > extension=php_pdo.dll
> > > extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
> > > extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
> > > extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
> > > extension=php_pgsql.dll
> > > extension=php_sqlite.dll
> > > extension=php_dbg.dll-5.2.x
> > >
> > > after restaring the whole server apache+postgresql + php, i run a simple
> > > phpinfo() and i see nowhere anything about postgresql module or PDO.
> > > phpinfo show that it runs based on the php.ini from D:\webserver\php
> > folder
> > > and not from c:\windows.
> > > which is correct as my php.ini is the the D:\webserver\php folder.
> > >
> > > so where could be the problem ?
> > > thx.
> > >
> > You didn't mention if you were editing the php.ini file that phpinfo()
> > tells you it is using. Make your changes to that one, and it should be
> > OK. I have this problem a lot with Windows installations for some
> > reason.
> >

> > Ash
> > www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

So you've edited the right file, restarted the web server (Apache or
IIS) and it's still showing the old configuration. Just a quick
question, you're not trying to run PHP on Vista are you, as this has
some godawful behaviour on files it deems as system files, and it's an
absolute pain to actually try and edit them, even from an admin account!

If you are still having troubles and it's not Vista, have you made sure
that the libraries (dll files) you are trying to use actually exist?
They will usually be in the php directory, or in a sub-folder called
extensions. You might need to add the path to the system path to make
sure Windows can find them.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk