Re: Displaying information from table graphically]

Robert Cummings wrote:
Maybe I missed soemthing... what was wrong with Stut's suggestion of
using divs? Absolute divs within a relative div is great for treating a
box as a canvas with image layers. Each layer being clickable in it's
visible portion (unless obscured by an overlayed transparent image).

Cheers,
Rob.

nothing at all was wrong with Stut's suggestion; however us web developers have been boxed in and indeed grown accustomed to using the wrong tools for the job through years of having to bastardise html, javascript and http to do what we want it to, rather that what it was designed for. (/hence ajax!/)

In the above scenario you *can* use (x)html to complete the task and get something going, or you can use a tech like flash/flex which was developed primarily for tasks such as this.

I'm no going to go into any more detail on this, I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Regards!