Re: Re: PHP Warning: HTTP request failed -- BSD resource limit reached?

Rene Fournier wrote:

On 20-Nov-08, at 12:44 PM, Daniel P. Brown wrote:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Rene Fournier <m5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is no firewall between any of the servers -- they are all on the same
LAN.

   I read when you said that, but I must not have explained myself
well enough before.  Sorry.

   Linux, by default, has firewalls installed with the OS.  It
doesn't matter whether you're on a LAN, WAN, or all by your lonesome.

That's a good point, but I don't believe it can explain the failures, since even though one process repeatedly fails at an HTTP request to Server A, several other processes on the same box are successfully executing HTTP requests (file_get_contents()).

It seems to me that I'm periodically maxing-out a certain per-process resource limit. For example, number of open files or something similar... (Assuming file_get_contents() counts as that)... After 10-60 seconds, previous open files/connections for that particular process close, allowing it to again open HTTP requests to Server A. I

I guess my next question is, what resource does file_get_contents() use upon execution?

...Rene

is it an https(ssl) address you're calling, and more specifically IIS servers? if so they don't close the connection properly meaning the connections will be left open until they time out andthus cause you're problem.